Re: [Mind's Eye] Re: Why Has Allan Been Barred From The Group ?

I didn't realize my auto sig was on. Poor form, and of course you're right.

Regarding Allan? I have no idea. However, there is a group of moderators you can ask about it. :)

On Sep 29, 2011 4:54 AM, "gabbydott" <gabbydott@gmail.com> wrote:
> Being too close or over-identifying with the moderation role can have the
> opposite effect, as we have seen. Has this effect been corrected yet?
> I haven't seen Allan reentering the fair exchange stage so far.
>
> And please switch off your automatic signature when you are posting here,
> Chris, you might be taken for a spammer by moderators to come who don't know
> your history here.
>
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Chris Jenkins
> <digitalprecipice@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> *laughing* I think that Gabs was insinuating I was about to re-enter the
>> moderation fray. As it turns out, that is incorrect. I have completely
>> removed myself from any form of moderation or ownership. As I mentioned the
>> last time around, I was far too disconnected from the daily going-ons to be
>> effective in that role.
>>
>> Now it's in the hands of others, and I'm free to pop in from time to time
>> without dealing with moderation issues...unless, of course, I were to be
>> banned. :)
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Pat <PatrickDHarrington@hotmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sep 25, 7:39 am, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> > Ah, Mr Putin is preparing to reenter the stage light! Voting for a
>>> natural
>>> > death is indeed ridiculous in the eternal presence of God.
>>> >
>>>
>>> Putin is Russia's answer to G. H. W. Bush. In other words, he's the
>>> man behind the puppets. Actually, they're muppets, because the
>>> strings come from below rather than above!! Nevertheless, Bush Sr.
>>> and Putin call the shots in their respective countries. The facts
>>> abour Bush are all laid out in an appendix of my book. The whole
>>> story of how the power moved from Hoover's FBI to Bush's CIA. It WILL
>>> stir up trouble, but there's no such thing as bad publicity!!
>>>
>>> > If I was in power, I'd learn to see rants as rants against my own power
>>> > position - is this how you are trying to impress others? Now guess who I
>>> > think is looking ridiculous. But I promise I won't go into details. Go
>>> on,
>>> > my American Hero, clean the group from unwanted, unsupportive,
>>> unproductive,
>>> > degenerated elements and get it going to how it used to when you still
>>> had
>>> > full control over what was happening here!
>>> >
>>> > On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Chris Jenkins
>>> > <digitalprecip...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > > God I hate banning people.
>>> >
>>> > > I seriously, seriously do. It's a win for martyred trolls. It
>>> accomplishes
>>> > > silencing disruptive input, but create further division and animosity
>>> (much
>>> > > like Gab's oft descriptions of my jack booted thuggery).
>>> >
>>> > > I've asked Orn for a detailed explanation of the banning. It's a heavy
>>> > > hammer, and I'd like to understand why it happened before making any
>>> further
>>> > > decisions regarding group management.
>>> >
>>> > > Chaz contributed much to this conversation, and I was sincerely
>>> regretful
>>> > > that I had to ban him. His absolute refusal to engage in civil
>>> conversation,
>>> > > and instead to flame incessantly, forced our hand. Craig and I debated
>>> it at
>>> > > length; those who were around then may recall he was put on moderation
>>> twice
>>> > > prior to being banned.
>>> >
>>> > > Despite not having anywhere near the time necessary to be a meaningful
>>> > > contributor to this group, I still want it to flourish. I believe
>>> important
>>> > > conversations have been held here, and archived in perpetuity through
>>> > > Google's group pages. Contributors like Neil provide the opportunity
>>> to
>>> > > speak directly with a Bukowski, a Thomas; Francis Hunt has given me a
>>> fine
>>> > > education in the history of the Catholic Church in Europe, and western
>>> > > religious politics; Pat has melted my brain with Yeti-Phi-Tau space
>>> and
>>> > > inside out tesseracts. The thought of Minds Eye losing contributors
>>> like
>>> > > that pains me greatly. I still miss my squabbles with Atalante...she
>>> was
>>> > > another Professorial type whose vast knowledge and experience made me
>>> feel
>>> > > lucky to be part of this group.
>>> >
>>> > > I'm reading through threads now, trying to catch up. I wanted
>>> management
>>> > > questions to be resolved when I initially posted, and it seems that
>>> the lack
>>> > > of a clear direction then has led to a further breakdown now. Let's
>>> get it
>>> > > resolved once and for all.
>>> >
>>> > > Oh, and Gabby, I'm tempted sometimes to make YOU the owner of the
>>> > > group...I'd love to see the threads where you ranted against yourself.
>>> :D
>>> >
>>> > > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Pat <PatrickDHarring...@hotmail.com
>>> >wrote:
>>> >
>>> > >> On Sep 23, 12:20 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> > >> > I was asked to moderate but had to decline on time. Does the fact
>>> I'm
>>> > >> > selling tickets to the pissing match between Molly and Gabby accord
>>> me
>>> > >> > a ban? Our mannered society is often the 'rotten State of
>>> Denmark'.
>>> > >> > This group is less interesting without Chaz and Allan. I wonder
>>> about
>>> > >> > us if we can't be more tolerant. If Allan did something bad enough
>>> > >> > for a ban I'd probably want to go and see if he was OK.
>>> >
>>> > >> Ahh, yes...I don't want to forget Chaz!!! I'm all for crediting even
>>> > >> those who disagreed!!
>>> >
>>> > >> > On Sep 23, 12:03 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > >> > > I hardly want to lose my odd contact with you Gabby and I really
>>> like
>>> > >> > > Orn.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > On Sep 16, 7:17 am, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > This is unacceptable.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > Neil, and who else is not willing to keep on engaging here
>>> under
>>> > >> these
>>> > >> > > > circumstances, could we please try to let common sense win?
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:43 AM, ornamentalmind <
>>> > >> ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > wrote:
>>> > >> > > > > gabby, thanks for the response. That is what I had guessed
>>> about
>>> > >> you
>>> > >> > > > > and Vam but wanted to be sure since you brought it up.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > Allan is banned from Minds Eye.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > On Sep 15, 1:57 pm, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> > >> > > > > > No, Orn, not feeling attacked by Vam but being attacked by
>>> Vam.
>>> > >> But I am
>>> > >> > > > > > able to stand my man here, thank you.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > What is Allan's current posting status, is what we'd like
>>> to
>>> > >> know. Is he
>>> > >> > > > > > being banned, set on moderation or have only some of his
>>> posts
>>> > >> been
>>> > >> > > > > deleted?
>>> > >> > > > > > Thank you for providing us with factual information to help
>>> us
>>> > >> increase
>>> > >> > > > > the
>>> > >> > > > > > level objectivity.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM, ornamentalmind <
>>> > >> > > > > ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > wrote:
>>> > >> > > > > > > Moderation is and always has been subjective. It also is
>>> not
>>> > >> > > > > > > democratic no matter what pretense or trappings are added
>>> to
>>> > >> it.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > gabby, if you feel attacked by vam and want action, let
>>> me
>>> > >> know
>>> > >> > > > > > > specifically and I'll address it. I use judgement when it
>>> > >> comes to
>>> > >> > > > > > > individual cases.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > Vam, yes it is serious and I've never taken the
>>> > >> task/responsibility
>>> > >> > > > > > > lightly.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > Also Vam, as egalitarian as your suggested method appears
>>> to
>>> > >> be we are
>>> > >> > > > > > > not about trials here.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > On Sep 15, 9:41 am, Vam <atewari2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> > >> > > > > > > > I believe banning is a serious matter.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > I really have not kept track of what Allan has said or
>>> done.
>>> > >> In the
>>> > >> > > > > > > > event, I feel there should be a separate thread titled
>>> : Why
>>> > >> > > > > so-and-so
>>> > >> > > > > > > > deserves to be banned, by the Group rules !
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > The person can then be clearly charged, allowed to
>>> respond,
>>> > >> and a
>>> > >> > > > > call
>>> > >> > > > > > > > taken by the Moderator in full public view. Shouldn't
>>> be
>>> > >> difficult.
>>> > >> > > > > > > > After all you wouldn't be doing it every month.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > On Sep 15, 8:24 pm, ornamentalmind <
>>> > >> ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com>
>>> > >> > > > > wrote:
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > Vam, I deleted the offending posts. Allan himself
>>> knew he
>>> > >> had gone
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > over the line and said so in one of his remaining
>>> posts.
>>> > >> He
>>> > >> > > > > followed
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > that one with more unprovoked direct attacks (self
>>> > >> > > > > admitted/defined)
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > upon me. He knew what he was doing and what the
>>> result
>>> > >> would be.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > Evolution, freedom, acceptance and toleration include
>>> self
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > responsibility.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > On Sep 14, 10:33 pm, Vam <atewari2...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > > If true, as Allan himself informs me, the act seems
>>> > >> > > > > disproportionate,
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > > a result of disbalanced mental process, and plain
>>> gross,
>>> > >> as in
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > > absolute unfit for a Group comprising of such
>>> evolved
>>> > >> members who
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > > believe in freedom, acceptance and toleration.
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > > > I sure would like to hear the Moderator speak on
>>> this
>>> > >> matter.-
>>> > >> > > > > Hide
>>> > >> > > > > > > quoted text -
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>>> >
>>> > >> > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>>> >
>>> > >> > - Show quoted text -
>>> >
>>> > > --
>>> > > Planning without action is futile; action without planning is fatal.
>>> > > The Web Guy <http://imtheirwebguy.com>- Hide quoted text -
>>> >
>>> > - Show quoted text -
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Planning without action is futile; action without planning is fatal.
>> The Web Guy <http://imtheirwebguy.com>
>>
>>

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário