The Day I Found a Publisher

The Day I Found a Publisher


The Day I Found a Publisher

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 02:09 PM PDT

I cannot believe the day has actually arrived but it has. After years of writing and reading and learning; after rejection, dejection and frustration the light at the end of the tunnel is shining big and bright. A lot has been going on the last four weeks. I submitted my manuscript to three publishers; much to my delight all three e-mailed back and requested a full manuscript. One even went as far as to request that I give them a five day exclusive period. I agreed to this because, to be honest, I didn't expect a contract offer in those five days. I would have anyway because I was really excited about this publisher.

The five days came and went; I heard nothing back so, being the human that I am, I instantly started thinking the worse. What if they didn't like it? What if they did like it but didn't think they could market it? What it they liked the story but not my style? The 'what ifs' continued for two days. Yep, drove me crazy. Finally I got the break I was looking for to contact them. Another publisher asked for the manuscript so, being that this was a multiple submission, I e-mailed all the publishers so everyone was on the same playing field.

Later that day I found out that the publisher had passed my manuscript to their editors for feedback. Pause for a moment; it is one thing to hear that a publisher likes your manuscript it is another to hear that they are waiting for feedback from the editors. I tried very hard not to sweat bullets as I waited but then it happened. On Monday the offer was ready but I had to clarify a few things. Wednesday night the contract was in my inbox waiting for me. This is an interesting time for an author because you can't put a finger on what you are feeling. You feel just about everything - joy, shock, nerves, surprise....just any emotion you can imagine. To be honest, I'm just now realizing the fact that I am now a published author.

Just about an hour ago I submitted my contract back to the publisher. It has been interesting and I will share as much as I can about the journey. I can tell you this; I have a content editor, line editor, and a cover artist to work with. My novel is projected to be released on March 2012 and it will come out first as an e-book. Hopefully it will be released as a paperback later on that year but I will have more information on that later.

Many of you are familiar with the founder of this publishing company. Her name is Lea and she is also the creator of the Muse Online Writers Conference which is held every year. Yes, I am an author for MuseItUp Publishing. If you are not familiar with this publishing company here is the link http://museituppublishing.com/. Why did I submit to MuseItUp? I have spoken to Lea before and have participated at the Muse Conference during which time I saw her passion for helping authors and producing solid books. Her editing ability is very strong and she has put together a very good team. This was verified by the long list of awards they have won in a short time. My goal was twofold: get published and learn from others who can improve my skill. I believe I have that now.

I am really excited about this and I can't wait to share what I learn during this experience. I bet I could write about this all night but I'm not. It is time to get going. Before I close there is one more thing; I want to thank all of you here at the New Author. This is where the journey started and many of you have been with me every step of the way.    

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário