Re: [Mind's Eye] Re: Why Has Allan Been Barred From The Group ?

*laughing* I think that Gabs was insinuating I was about to re-enter the moderation fray. As it turns out, that is incorrect. I have completely removed myself from any form of moderation or ownership. As I mentioned the last time around, I was far too disconnected from the daily going-ons to be effective in that role. 

Now it's in the hands of others, and I'm free to pop in from time to time without dealing with moderation issues...unless, of course, I were to be banned. :)

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Pat <PatrickDHarrington@hotmail.com> wrote:


On Sep 25, 7:39 am, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, Mr Putin is preparing to reenter the stage light! Voting for a natural
> death is indeed ridiculous in the eternal presence of God.
>

Putin is Russia's answer to G. H. W. Bush.  In other words, he's the
man behind the puppets.  Actually, they're muppets, because the
strings come from below rather than above!!  Nevertheless, Bush Sr.
and Putin call the shots in their respective countries.  The facts
abour Bush are all laid out in an appendix of my book.  The whole
story of how the power moved from Hoover's FBI to Bush's CIA.  It WILL
stir up trouble, but there's no such thing as bad publicity!!

> If I was in power, I'd learn to see rants as rants against my own power
> position - is this how you are trying to impress others? Now guess who I
> think is looking ridiculous. But I promise I won't go into details. Go on,
> my American Hero, clean the group from unwanted, unsupportive, unproductive,
> degenerated elements and get it going to how it used to when you still had
> full control over what was happening here!
>
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Chris Jenkins
> <digitalprecip...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
> > God I hate banning people.
>
> > I seriously, seriously do. It's a win for martyred trolls. It accomplishes
> > silencing disruptive input, but create further division and animosity (much
> > like Gab's oft descriptions of my jack booted thuggery).
>
> > I've asked Orn for a detailed explanation of the banning. It's a heavy
> > hammer, and I'd like to understand why it happened before making any further
> > decisions regarding group management.
>
> > Chaz contributed much to this conversation, and I was sincerely regretful
> > that I had to ban him. His absolute refusal to engage in civil conversation,
> > and instead to flame incessantly, forced our hand. Craig and I debated it at
> > length; those who were around then may recall he was put on moderation twice
> > prior to being banned.
>
> > Despite not having anywhere near the time necessary to be a meaningful
> > contributor to this group, I still want it to flourish. I believe important
> > conversations have been held here, and archived in perpetuity through
> > Google's group pages. Contributors like Neil provide the opportunity to
> > speak directly with a Bukowski, a Thomas; Francis Hunt has given me a fine
> > education in the history of the Catholic Church in Europe, and western
> > religious politics; Pat has melted my brain with Yeti-Phi-Tau space and
> > inside out tesseracts. The thought of Minds Eye losing contributors like
> > that pains me greatly. I still miss my squabbles with Atalante...she was
> > another Professorial type whose vast knowledge and experience made me feel
> > lucky to be part of this group.
>
> > I'm reading through threads now, trying to catch up. I wanted management
> > questions to be resolved when I initially posted, and it seems that the lack
> > of a clear direction then has led to a further breakdown now. Let's get it
> > resolved once and for all.
>
> > Oh, and Gabby, I'm tempted sometimes to make YOU the owner of the
> > group...I'd love to see the threads where you ranted against yourself. :D
>
> > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Pat <PatrickDHarring...@hotmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> On Sep 23, 12:20 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > I was asked to moderate but had to decline on time.  Does the fact I'm
> >> > selling tickets to the pissing match between Molly and Gabby accord me
> >> > a ban?  Our mannered society is often the 'rotten State of Denmark'.
> >> > This group is less interesting without Chaz and Allan.  I wonder about
> >> > us if we can't be more tolerant.  If Allan did something bad enough
> >> > for a ban I'd probably want to go and see if he was OK.
>
> >> Ahh, yes...I don't want to forget Chaz!!!  I'm all for crediting even
> >> those who disagreed!!
>
> >> > On Sep 23, 12:03 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > I hardly want to lose my odd contact with you Gabby and I really like
> >> > > Orn.
>
> >> > > On Sep 16, 7:17 am, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > > This is unacceptable.
>
> >> > > > Neil, and who else is not willing to keep on engaging here under
> >> these
> >> > > > circumstances, could we please try to let common sense win?
>
> >> > > > On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:43 AM, ornamentalmind <
> >> ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com
>
> >> > > > > wrote:
> >> > > > > gabby, thanks for the response. That is what I had guessed about
> >> you
> >> > > > > and Vam but wanted to be sure since you brought it up.
>
> >> > > > > Allan is banned from Minds Eye.
>
> >> > > > > On Sep 15, 1:57 pm, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > > > > > No, Orn, not feeling attacked by Vam but being attacked by Vam.
> >> But I am
> >> > > > > > able to stand my man here, thank you.
>
> >> > > > > > What is Allan's current posting status, is what we'd like to
> >> know. Is he
> >> > > > > > being banned, set on moderation or have only some of his posts
> >> been
> >> > > > > deleted?
> >> > > > > > Thank you for providing us with factual information to help us
> >> increase
> >> > > > > the
> >> > > > > > level objectivity.
>
> >> > > > > > On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM, ornamentalmind <
> >> > > > > ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com
>
> >> > > > > > > wrote:
> >> > > > > > > Moderation is and always has been subjective. It also is not
> >> > > > > > > democratic no matter what pretense or trappings are added to
> >> it.
>
> >> > > > > > > gabby, if you feel attacked by vam and want action, let me
> >> know
> >> > > > > > > specifically and I'll address it. I use judgement when it
> >> comes to
> >> > > > > > > individual cases.
>
> >> > > > > > > Vam, yes it is serious and I've never taken the
> >> task/responsibility
> >> > > > > > > lightly.
>
> >> > > > > > > Also Vam, as egalitarian as your suggested method appears to
> >> be we are
> >> > > > > > > not about trials here.
>
> >> > > > > > > On Sep 15, 9:41 am, Vam <atewari2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > > > > > > > I believe banning is a serious matter.
>
> >> > > > > > > > I really have not kept track of what Allan has said or done.
> >> In the
> >> > > > > > > > event, I feel there should be a separate thread titled : Why
> >> > > > > so-and-so
> >> > > > > > > > deserves to be banned, by the Group rules !
>
> >> > > > > > > > The person can then be clearly charged, allowed to respond,
> >> and a
> >> > > > > call
> >> > > > > > > > taken by the Moderator in full public view. Shouldn't be
> >> difficult.
> >> > > > > > > > After all you wouldn't be doing it every month.
>
> >> > > > > > > > On Sep 15, 8:24 pm, ornamentalmind <
> >> ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com>
> >> > > > > wrote:
>
> >> > > > > > > > > Vam, I deleted the offending posts. Allan himself knew he
> >> had gone
> >> > > > > > > > > over the line and said so in one of his remaining posts.
> >> He
> >> > > > > followed
> >> > > > > > > > > that one with more unprovoked direct attacks (self
> >> > > > > admitted/defined)
> >> > > > > > > > > upon me. He knew what he was doing and what the result
> >> would be.
>
> >> > > > > > > > > Evolution, freedom, acceptance and toleration include self
> >> > > > > > > > > responsibility.
>
> >> > > > > > > > > On Sep 14, 10:33 pm, Vam <atewari2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > > > > > > > > If true, as Allan himself informs me, the act seems
> >> > > > > disproportionate,
> >> > > > > > > > > > a result of disbalanced mental process, and plain gross,
> >> as in
> >> > > > > > > > > > absolute unfit for a Group comprising of such evolved
> >> members who
> >> > > > > > > > > > believe in freedom, acceptance and toleration.
>
> >> > > > > > > > > > I sure would like to hear the Moderator speak on this
> >> matter.-
> >> > > > > Hide
> >> > > > > > > quoted text -
>
> >> > > > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> > - Show quoted text -
>
> > --
> > Planning without action is futile; action without planning is fatal.
> > The Web Guy <http://imtheirwebguy.com>- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -



--
Planning without action is futile; action without planning is fatal.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário