Mind's Eye Re: SuperBowl

Why is a tie considered a victory? I did watch the Chelsea/Manchester
bout. Wasn't there a stampede years ago re Manchester- maybe the
'80's. The crowd looked pretty civil to me.

On Feb 5, 11:44 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't watch much American Football - feels to me there is less
> running worth watching since Riggins and Peyton graced the park.
> Rugby League has less broken field running and the dodgy stuff that
> earned my corn.  Warrington have just drawn the match of the day at
> Hull - highlights after SuperBowl, so I'll watch that as the
> overture.  There's a glut of sport this weekend, with Wales' win in
> Ireland probably the pick for non-Warrington die-hards.  United are
> being tanked at Chelsea too, unless the ref gives it to them on
> penalties.  England look like slipping to a series whitewash in the
> morning.  If it has a ball I played it as a kid, including US games at
> Burtonwood airbase.  I'm not a good spectator and will be boycotting
> the Olympics.
>
> I can't watch these days without wondering why we can organise all
> this trivia and accept 1000% inflation plus on the tickets since
> around 1967 and yet not organise a fair economy.  United have now
> pulled back from 3 - 0.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário