Mind's Eye Re: SuperBowl

Policing of our soccer matches is now a huge machine. The end of
SuperBowl clashed with the Warrington-Hull tie so I missed it.

On Feb 6, 1:01 pm, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why is a tie considered a victory? I did watch the Chelsea/Manchester
> bout. Wasn't there a stampede years ago re Manchester- maybe the
> '80's. The crowd looked pretty civil to me.
>
> On Feb 5, 11:44 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I don't watch much American Football - feels to me there is less
> > running worth watching since Riggins and Peyton graced the park.
> > Rugby League has less broken field running and the dodgy stuff that
> > earned my corn.  Warrington have just drawn the match of the day at
> > Hull - highlights after SuperBowl, so I'll watch that as the
> > overture.  There's a glut of sport this weekend, with Wales' win in
> > Ireland probably the pick for non-Warrington die-hards.  United are
> > being tanked at Chelsea too, unless the ref gives it to them on
> > penalties.  England look like slipping to a series whitewash in the
> > morning.  If it has a ball I played it as a kid, including US games at
> > Burtonwood airbase.  I'm not a good spectator and will be boycotting
> > the Olympics.
>
> > I can't watch these days without wondering why we can organise all
> > this trivia and accept 1000% inflation plus on the tickets since
> > around 1967 and yet not organise a fair economy.  United have now
> > pulled back from 3 - 0.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário