Re: Mind's Eye Copy write

So what is wrong with that ?  I charge my note on my night stand..  usually I pay solitaire or read with it, I am a fan of e books as I can get mass for free,
Allan


On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM, rigsy03 <rigsy03@yahoo.com> wrote:
Have been working on "Babette's Feast" (?) but oatmeal has
limitations!

I agree about the i-pad and smart phones- it's clever but almost an
addiction. My youngest laughs about the games on his phone- he is a
down-to-earth sort. My daughter and son-in-law sleep with their i-pads
on the the nightstands and her apps are endless- it may be a form of
escape.

On Aug 28, 6:08 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apple is 'worth more' than all US retail on market capitalisation.
> The company works through tax dodging and race to the bottom working
> conditions.  I doubt they innovate.  The copyright and patent claims
> are a sham.  I agree with Al.  When products reach the bauble stage
> like i-phone and design is largely cosmetic we should let in the cheap
> clones.  I have a laptop these days because I can get 6 hours out of
> mine on battery and play the odd game when I'm bored.  My PC is
> obsolete.  If there was a phone in my laptop my mobile would be too.
> Lying behind this courtroom nonsense is the ludicrous 'growth
> economy'.
> The difficult questions concern how we promote innovation.  My guess
> has long been we don't understand what technology is.  The technology
> we've been neglecting is decent society - subsuming this to
> pathological commerce.  I have a cheap Chinese "i-phone" which works
> as well as the real one bought for grandson and his fascination with
> chic.  Dinner with rigsy (or anyone else in here) would be more
> entertaining than anything 'apps' provide - which isn't a back-handed
> compliment - even if I'm sure everyone can see how it could be.  I-
> phones are toys and frankly pretty boring ones.
>
> The innovation in my laptop is that I can carry it about, type
> reliably on it if I disable the mouse pad and don't need a power
> source.  I had a pc back in 1982 and really (it was an Ericsson with
> 128K ram and largely floppy driven).  My new machine and software is
> an improvement, but as I get round to the first print draft of my
> book, I have to say not that much has changed in that process since my
> productions in the 80s and the only innovation in word-processing is
> the spell-check (perhaps the ability to write equations too).  Most of
> the rest is toy-fetish.
>
> No one would want to go back to dial-up Internet, but apart from some
> databases like Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy and PLOS and
> online banking, I see little of interest.  If I had the energy, I
> might design some university courses as video games - I was involved
> in something rather like that in the 80s when the technology was too
> limiting.  I've just played my way through something called Darkspore
> to see how the new technology might apply and can see that it could.
>
> Our current legal-political-commercial paradigm is decadent.  This is
> why Apple is in court over rounded squares and hieroglyphics.
>
> On 28 Aug, 08:47, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Molly what you are saying about the patent office  to vary it a little,, is
> > I am allowed to copy the Mona Lisa , put my name on it ,, then copy write
> > it, then I control the design of any one wanting to reproduce it in any
> > form I can sue. Apple has stolen from our history intentionally  and is
> > trying to deceive the public. the shape and design belongs to the entire
> > world and any one is allowed to use it.
> > Allan
>
> > On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Yes that is true Molly  but the slate Table existed long before copy
> > > writes existed.  For this reason alone the design can not be a copy write.
> > >  Apple already had lost that argument in England and Apple has to publish
> > >  written that Samsung  that were did not violate its copy writes.
>
> > > All apple did was go though items that were copy writed to save time..
> > >  and they know that the the slate tablet existed long before,,  I think
> > > they even used a slate tablet in an advertisement.  The Jury ruling has to
> > > be over ridden when that information becomes public.   the design sits
> > > in emanate domain.
> > > Allan
>
> > > On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >> If the copyright was granted, it was a valid application.  The office
> > >> of copyright does a thorough search of previous copyrights issued
> > >> before granting.  Now, anyone can file a lawsuit in the US, and a
> > >> judge or jury decides if the copyright has been infringed.
>
> > >> On Aug 27, 9:57 am, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >> > they don't pay dividends.. they have over a billion in china so they do
> > >> not
> > >> > have to pay US taxes..  I will  leave the politics out of it.. they
> > >> lost in
> > >> > England the same case,,   and they have to print for online and
> > >> television
> > >> > for 6 months that samsung did not steal their ideas..
>
> > >> > I have a hunch before to long long Apple will face problems for filing
> > >> > false copy right claims..  I do think they are over their head and do
> > >> not
> > >> > know it yet. Their problems are just beginning including their lawyers..
> > >> >  oh yeah big trouble..
> > >> > Allan
>
> > >> > On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >> > > Not sure if Apple even pays a dividend- I think the stock is trading
> > >> > > in the $600.'s and is now described as the most profitable company on
> > >> > > earth beating out Exxon-Mobile (who still hasn't fixed the Valdez
> > >> > > spill/aftermath which may be impossible anyway). So while I agree I
> > >> > > would be gracious for Apple to donate to food programs, I think it
> > >> > > would be for the sake of pr at this time as they are essentially a
> > >> > > snob catering to narcisstic, conspicuous consumer types, i.e. creating
> > >> > > their own universe and standards. More companies than Samsung will be
> > >> > > affected.// The world is looney. Too bad the craftsmen that created
> > >> > > those ever-gorgeous Gothic cathedrals can't sue the dull, repetitive
> > >> > > skyscrapers that clutter the canyons of commerce.
>
> > >> > > On Aug 27, 5:42 am, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >> > > > Gabby ,,  my material world is reasonably secure  and I do not see
> > >> how
> > >> > > that
> > >> > > > has any relevance to lawsuits brought by apple against Samsung..
> > >> and they
> > >> > > > own and control the design of the slate tablet.
>
> > >> > > > As for cooling down ..  i hope I never do, it is important to say
> > >> > > something
> > >> > > > when there is a major wrong doing   especially when it is a major
> > >> > > > corporation. One should not remain silent when you observe a
> > >> criminal
> > >> > > > violating the law. if for no other reason we all have to pay for
> > >> these
> > >> > > > crimes.
>
> > >> > > > As for Apple I think they should be required to put up the
> > >> equivalent
> > >> > > > amount of cash as they are suing for  to one of the UN children
> > >> > > programs..
> > >> > > >  maybe corporations will think twice about stealing what is not
> > >> theirs.
> > >> > > > Allan
>
> > >> > > > On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com>
> > >> wrote:
> > >> > > > > The pursuit of happiness needs to be secured in its material
> > >> > > > > manifestations in the here and now, is one possible explanation to
> > >> > > > > make you cool down and understand the well meaning idea behind
> > >> how you
> > >> > > > > experience this matter. Embrace this and get on with your life.
>
> > >> > > > > On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com>
> > >> > > wrote:
> > >> > > > > > As I live in the Netherlands now and am hearing about the
> > >> massive law
> > >> > > > > suit
> > >> > > > > > brought by Apple over its intellectual design of their tablet..
> > >>  How
> > >> > > can
> > >> > > > > you
> > >> > > > > > claim copy write to something they did not design   but was
> > >> designed
> > >> > > > > > centuries ago.
>
> > >> > > > > > I have some serious problems that, they did not design the
> > >> rounded
> > >> > > > > corners
> > >> > > > > > with the square writing surface.. I bought a  chalk / slate
> > >> tablet of
> > >> > > > > that
> > >> > > > > > design long before  Apple existed..  Dr Caroline McGill,  the
> > >> Lady
> > >> > > that
> > >> > > > > > started the rock Mountain museum showed one and told me that is
> > >> what
> > >> > > she
> > >> > > > > > used for going to school learning her alphabet and math on, by
> > >> now
> > >> > > that
> > >> > > > > > would have been well over one hundred years ago,  who ever
> > >> actually
> > >> > > owned
> > >> > > > > > the copyright it has expired long ago. That person or persons is
> > >> > > lost in
> > >> > > > > > history.
>
> > >> > > > > > As I pick up my modern day slate board to write this email  I am
> > >> > > angry
> > >> > > > > over
> > >> > > > > > some arrogant rich corporation claiming the slate board design
> > >> as
> > >> > > their
> > >> > > > > > intellectual property. As for rounded corners,, well that copy
> > >> write
> > >> > > > > belongs
> > >> > > > > > to some father protecting his beloved child.
> > >> > > > > > Allan
>
> > >> > > > > > --
> > >> > > > > >  (
> > >> > > > > >   )
> > >> > > > > > |_D Allan
>
> > >> > > > > > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > >> > > > > > --
>
> > >> > > > > --
>
> > >> > > > --
> > >> > > >  (
> > >> > > >   )
> > >> > > > |_D Allan
>
> > >> > > > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > >> > > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > >> > > --
>
> > >> > --
> > >> >  (
> > >> >   )
> > >> > |_D Allan
>
> > >> > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > >> --
>
> > > --
> > >  (
> > >   )
> > > |_D Allan
>
> > > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > --
> >  (
> >   )
> > |_D Allan
>
> > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--






--
 (
  )
|_D Allan

Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.



--
 
 
 

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário