Re: Mind's Eye Instinct for survival

Good to know your eyes are better rigs - I'm frustrated by my
inability to do close-up fiddly stuff.

On 30 Nov, 02:56, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ah- Mother Russia. I am close to the end of Anna K.- forgot it was 950
> pp though I've read it twice before- maybe in twenty year intervals so
> the story reads differently each time. Quite possibly the greatest
> novel of all time, I believe. Anyway, my eye is doing well though I
> need another week of drops as the doc missed a tiny speck to remove
> and somehow I've had a "myoptic correction" and my vision is 20/20!
> Speaking of "fellowship" I had an odd call today from some scam artist
> pretending to be my grandson needing money. His voice was a dead
> giveaway to NY or New Jersey as we don't speak like that in the
> midwest. I declined his request and called the police but they weren't
> interested as long as I didn't send money and I guess they have real
> work to do. :-) So this dude craves loot and others crave other things
> and a good deal of human cravings have nothing to do with our
> understanding of god, religion, country, society, art & science, etc.
> Back to the idea of the instinct for survival in spite of the sureness
> of our death, my personal feeling that the best we can do is to try to
> live a moral life as best we can correcting ourselves as we stumble
> and learn and those paths are numerous as one can not fault a monk or
> contemplative, can one?
>
> On Nov 29, 6:39 pm, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > At least you have soul Al - perhaps in the Russian sense.  RP is not
> > without in that sense either.  It's hard to be inter-subjective about
> > god a a formulation though we seem to crave fellowship.
>
> > On 29 Nov, 23:05, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I doubt I am a great soul, though I have spent years contemplating the idea.
> > > Allan
>
> > > Matrix  **  th3 beginning light
> > > On Nov 29, 2012 9:11 PM, "RP Singh" <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Allan , carefully reading all the' trash' that you spew out makes me
> > > > wonder ...maybe you are the greatest soul wrapped in a human body.
>
> > > > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > My apologies RP,  due to what I consider trash I don't waste my time
> > > > > carefully reading what you write..
>
> > > > > Now I am wondering the origin of this vision..  ;o)  I am waiting to
> > > > read.
> > > > > Allan
>
> > > > > On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > >>         me (RP Singh change)    Post reply
>
> > > > >> 4/26/10
> > > > >> [Mind's Eye] Re: God and I
>
> > > > >> Consciousness has to do with the senses and the sense-objects. Sight,
> > > > >> hearing, etc. I see a door as grey in colour and at  a distance of 25
> > > > >> yards from me, does God see    it as grey in colour and at a distance.
> > > > >> No God is immanent in the door, he is the grey colour, he is the
> > > > >> door , he is the distance and he is me ,the observer. God is in
> > > > >> everything and is thus all-pervading , he is in every will and is
> > > > >> therefore  the real doer,  he is in all beings and non-beings and is
> > > > >> therefore omniscient.
>
> > > > >> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > >>> gee I never read any thing by RP saying that God is the totality of
> > > > >>> every thing..
> > > > >>> Allan
>
> > > > >>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Lee Douglas <leerevdoug...@gmail.com>
> > > > wrote:
> > > > >>>> Heh okay then, RP and myself share the belife that God is the totaliy
> > > > of
> > > > >>>> everything, although we differ on some things we can at least agree
> > > > on this.
>
> > > > >>>> We Sikhs would express it thusly: 'Ik onkar, sat naam'  losely
> > > > translated as
> > > > >>>> '1God, true name'.  Now True Name, what does that mean?  God's name
> > > > is true,
> > > > >>>> or truth?  Or perhaps that God is true/truth?
>
> > > > >>>> Personaly I would explain it this way.  Before the begining, there
> > > > was only
> > > > >>>> God, but God in spirt, God said (to steal form the Bible) 'Let there
> > > > >>>> be.....' and thus the creation was created.  Matter from the spirt of
> > > > God.
> > > > >>>> Thus the totality of the universe is God, the reality is God and the
> > > > truth
> > > > >>>> is God.  I heard it expressed just yesterday that God was Anaam
> > > > (Nameless)
> > > > >>>> and by atributing Naam to Godself the creation came into being.  Not
> > > > too far
> > > > >>>> removed from the Hindu concept of Om I suppose.
>
> > > > >>>> On Thursday, 29 November 2012 14:53:13 UTC, gabbydott wrote:
>
> > > > >>>>> I would know if it was different, if i understood what you meant,
> > > > Lee!
> > > > >>>>> Circling forwards in loops, arent we?
>
> > > > >>>>> Am 29.11.2012 15:02 schrieb "Lee Douglas" <leerev...@gmail.com>:
>
> > > > >>>> --
>
> > > > >>> --
> > > > >>>  (
> > > > >>>   )
> > > > >>> |_D Allan
>
> > > > >>> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > > > >>> I am a Natural Airgunner -
>
> > > > >>>  Full of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly.
>
> > > > >>> --
>
> > > > >> --
>
> > > > > --
> > > > >  (
> > > > >   )
> > > > > |_D Allan
>
> > > > > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > > > > I am a Natural Airgunner -
>
> > > > >  Full of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly.
>
> > > > > --
>
> > > > --- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -

--

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário