Re: Mind's Eye Re: A Book At Xmas or two

I'm a bit more inclined to think we need to get inside our
institutions and kick out the windows to let fresh air in Moll. If
Gabby had been Luther she'd still be negotiating the fine print on the
abolition of indulgences in 'Germany' with a papal nuncio. It's
possible to imagine Europe would have been bored into peace for long
enough for a proper conquest of the Americas in fellowship other than
expressed in smallpox blankets. From little acorns ...

Many lines have multiple meanings rigs - A la votre means the opposite
of cheers if accompanied by one raised finger. I once misheard a
Frenchman call me salud rather than toast me salut. He had barely
enough English to tell me he was insulting me, highly aggressive body
language, but collapsed laughing when I assured him his insults were
nay bother to a Scotsman who would consider friendly behaviour from
the French as unacceptable as a smile from an English assassin.

On 31 Dec, 15:43, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "One can know being small, insignificant and
> even inept was not failure in last of the summer wine."
>
> The descriptors fall away, whether or not accurate in judgement, and life
> still shines brilliantly.  Always.
>
> "There is a crack in everything.  That's how the light gets in." - Leonard
> Cohen
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Monday, December 31, 2012 8:52:14 AM UTC-5, archytas wrote:
>
> > You are right as ever Gabs.  Max Stirner lives!  We may be that 'union
> > of egoists' and contradictory collection of 'talentless outsiders'
> > waiting to wander in from Wimbledon Common to be exploited by
> > publishers for writing cant about Fichte - a kind of intellectual rags
> > to riches story sold on the wonder that philosophy ever entered our
> > burrows in the first place.  Given the life of a Womble I doubt I
> > would leave it.  A French cook, mistress and nanny to the children who
> > call me Uncle Bulgaria and a secure hole in the ground only serve to
> > remind me I never did meet Madame Cholet and live in the Sartrean
> > nightmare that reality might well doom me to being quartered with a
> > German humourist.  Even Maxwell is only truly my pal as I let him off
> > the lead to open country (he needs the lead only because of his
> > tendency to play with traffic).  He's moping about now doing rigs'
> > body language things to make me guilty enough to take him out in this
> > morning's rain.  A cat is taking solace on my lap after extracting a
> > stroke fest with her claws gently placed behind my ears.  Max is a
> > wonderful creature, taking on such preening duties and offering play
> > to all without favour.  He has a squirrel pal living near one of his
> > field's bigger trees.  He lets out a kind of whimpering howl of
> > delight when he spots her - even though she gives him fleas.
>
> > If we were good at the 'body-language' thing rigs we'd have no
> > advertising and wouldn't fall for the next political clown's lies
> > about WMD in Iraq.  I was trained in something called 'micro-
> > expressions' and later cognitive interviewing.  Both taught me I was
> > no good at spotting lying!  Good liars never give you anything you can
> > check up on in a timescale that matters (before they can run off and
> > such).  Kids and some adults claiming abuse sometimes make up
> > elaborate fantasies - in a recent case a woman claimed she had lost a
> > baby as a result of a rape but in fact had never been pregnant (hard
> > evidence tests).  In one of my own cases I listened to several kids
> > describe a dungeon in a house on a hill.  It was complete fantasy -
> > but the abuse was real and took place in a hotel.  In another case I
> > was about to call social services believing the prostitute mother had
> > 'lost' her kids whilst drunk-drugged (house was squalid).  I heard the
> > cutlery draw rattle as I put a kettle on the gas to make her a cup of
> > tea.  She'd looked harmless and dead-beat until she came at me with
> > the knife.  As I called the ambulance for her she admitted she'd
> > drowned her kids in the canal.  The case had already been closed by
> > three uniforms as 'NFA' (no further action) and I'd heard one of them
> > say 'he's only staying to get stuck up her' as they left.  The
> > disgruntled force duty officer, pulled from her own warm pit, was
> > writing-up discipline forms on me when the shallow water diving team
> > found the kids two hours later.  It was inappropriate for me to have
> > exceeded my rank in calling them out and incurring the expenditure.
> >  It took 3 months for our rubber heels to drop the charges against me.
> >  Eventually they decided I was the ranking detective at the time, but
> > they'd actually realised by then the kids might still have been alive
> > when I called the squad out.  Truth was a desk sergeant had.  I may be
> > too dumb to do the body language thingy rigs - I'm a social inadequate
> > in many respects, bored by smalltalk and cultural sign.  I have good
> > corner of the eye vision and hearing and some strange sense of duty to
> > do something for a couple of waifs gone missing.
>
> > We probably confuse body language with more general aspects of us
> > being social animals.  I can't see you abandoning those kids as others
> > did rigs and you'd probably have wielded the kettle as well as me.
> >  You might well have continued making the tea as I did.  She told me,
> > inaccurately, where the kids were over the brew.  She was still
> > lying.  Cops had lied to me about searching the house.  She had 4 kids
> > not two.  The youngest two were upstairs - we saved them.  Previous
> > rubbish officers took part in frantic search.  I 'forgot' what they
> > had initially told me.  I doubt this story quite says why - but I
> > regard language as institutional.  I might speak to my sister as I do
> > to Gabby above - spite between friends is not without its love.  I
> > even love what spreadsheets can do, but hate most of what they are
> > used for.
>
> > What is the "body language" of the 'rich-a-giving' Allan?  Why do I,
> > once believing Blair was a philanthropist, now see him as Bliar, the
> > steaming turd reborn after absolution and his cosy chat with god?  I
> > do literally see him differently - yet I hope this is on the facts
> > beyond this manipulation of the matrix.  The matrix is now lying to us
> > as surely as Soviet performance managers or the sociopaths who have
> > learned they do not need to hide their victims in cellars.  Thieving
> > is only part of the spreadsheet Gabs - noble in the anti-IRA-romantic
> > 'Ordinary Decent Criminal' and Robin Hood - dire in funnelling 90% to
> > 1% and discounting most of the work still mostly done by women to 0%
> > of GDP along with most of the rest that matters.  The world of
> > banksters and economists is much worse than the one in which I used to
> > meet prostitutes and people I could bang-up for criminal behaviour.
> > The central theory is probably control fraud - Bill Black is a good
> > start but here we use shorthand in facework lest we breach politesse
> > in the accusation of knowing too much (wasn't Norbert Elias German?).
>
> > In a way I agree with rigs - we need something as simple as the sign
> > of two people about to share the same bed - an economics without
> > words, ludicrously abstracted maths and that people can use for their
> > own purposes.  This said, I must note I have often ended-up in bed
> > with the wrong partners!  Must now do that body language that
> > convinces Maxwell I am his walk-butler.  New Year's Eve so I'm off to
> > the rum district and loose women - which these days means bed by 8
> > p.m. in some gratitude such forays in my professional past only arise
> > when my eyes shut and trauma stalks.  Max knows when to lick my face
> > and rouse me to the whiskey for a good night's sleep after we have
> > braced the streets once more.  The lad himself gets what's left over
> > from tea and sometimes lets the cats have first go.  I admire his
> > benevolence and awareness of feline claws!
>
> > A bonne chance mes amis.  One can know being small, insignificant and
> > even inept was not failure in last of the summer wine.  My amazon
> > voucher is cashed in, books read, computing tablet averted (eyes too
> > poor, fingers too senile), shotgun sold, CO2 pellet gun purchased
> > (taking Allan's advice), grandson on X-box crusade, Sue waiting
> > without protest for new car and Gabby's youthful patience a thing of
> > my past.  How many Douglases does one get per voucher my dear?  I
> > simply don't know.
>
> > On 31 Dec, 06:31, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Actually Rigsy the comment of the Generous Rich is an insult  though
> > > there are a few  and yes I have meet several    among the rich they
> > > appear to give massive amounts of money,,  in reality they are
> > > hoarders and an uncaring lot..  Look at the number of them living off
> > > the national wage and giving the rest to or helping their fellow man.?
> > > You said the comment I see it differently than you do..
> > > Allan
>
> > > On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 6:10 AM, rigs <rigs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > Have we been insulted or complimented?
>
> > > > On Dec 28, 3:25 pm, Gabby <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >> I didn't get any books for Christmas, but Amazon and Douglas gift
> > vouchers.
> > > >> That's great! I'll be able to use them when I need something.
>
> > > >> I like reading here. No author could have come up with such an
> > anarchic
> > > >> plot, ghostly setting and high amount of under-performers and be able
> > to
> > > >> sell it as a product. :)
>
> > > >> I wouldn't be able to sign this thievery is the root of all evil
> > theory.
> > > >> The possessive 'have' causes wanted and unwanted effects, that's
> > right
> > > >> though. Control comes into play. The Golden Calf never to become an
> > > >> ordinary cow or bull.
>
> > > >> Put back perspective in context and try again, I say.
>
> > > >> Am Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012 17:34:01 UTC+1 schrieb archytas:
>
> > > >> > I finally have my own copy of David Graeber's 'Debt: the first 5000
> > > >> > years', Hann and Hart's 'Economic Anthropology' and David Orell's
> > > >> > 'Economyths' - I've been dip[ping in and already know they don't
> > offer
> > > >> > much I don't know or how to frame economics problems so enough of
> > us
> > > >> > could understand them.  It's good to know others, like me, think
> > > >> > thievery is the root and that the science alleged to be involved is
> > > >> > counterfeit stuff from the 19th century.  Graeber finishes by
> > saying
> > > >> > we should have a debt jubilee and start again (after historical
> > > >> > analysis).  I'll get through the books by posting them in the
> > toilet
> > > >> > and bathroom as relief from the day job.  My guess is we are really
> > as
> > > >> > stuck in a confrontation with power
>
> ...
>
> read more »

--

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário