Mind's Eye Re: Search for meaning

Those would be poignant questions.  I wonder if meaning isn't constructed over time.  Here in Detroit, there is more going on focused on invention and imaginative re-birth of a city dying in many respects.  What is dying is the old school ethnocentric politics and economics finally forced out and replaced by a more world-centric core organization that is facilitating the death of the old and the birth of the new simultaneously.  Once begun, is "old" meaning ever gone?  Or merely integrated into the new?

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:20:06 PM UTC-4, archytas wrote:
I operate with and without being attracted to know meaning.  Most stuff is so bland that I don't care and most people are interested in things that are boring beyond measure once I know what they are.  Even chimpanzees have experimented with sex more than humans, though not quite as we might generally mean the term.  I know how to go about such discoveries and am looking for more meaning in understanding evolution.  I've studied economics to assure myself that my rejection of it is sound (it's dull).  Mostly, I find human meaning derived from inadequate knowledge based in language hostile to inquiry.  Most human life is clearly meaningless and to do with habit and a few, often peevish emotions and desires, generally directly biological or cultural.  My questions would be about invention and imagination that allow new meaning.

On Thursday, 18 July 2013 18:25:18 UTC+1, RP Singh wrote:
People have been searching for meaning in life through the ages but there is no consensus. To me understanding the source of life and the realization of the inexorability of Fate and Destiny is meaning enough. I know that in this group as well as anywhere else there are different viewpoints and I am open to them all , and don't mind criticizing me folks , I like it and am not the least bothered!

--
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário