Re: Mind's Eye Desire

There is a sort of academic version, usually referred to as 'the return of desire'.  I don't know what Pol is on about.  I mean this only in the sense I have little understanding of desire.  I've always struggled to find what is worth any.  I could whip up the competitive-cooperative thing in sport (in me and others) or in getting what needed to be done done.  I always thought sex different and have had the 'smarts'.  But mostly I find human being too ridiculous for desire.  Most of it seems biochemical for me and much of this arises in the hologenome - the bacteria we coexist with and various brain-signalling stuff.  Now, I have no desire to watch the next two soccer world cups because of the way the stadia have been built (by slaves in Qatar) and whatever creeps like Blatter do with the captured organisation of a children's game.  I may have the desire to outsmart Gabby, but would never forgive myself if I really did.  I'd like to live thinking I'm not an alien abandoned in human society, but given what humans do I'd rather be something else.  I've sort of spent life waiting for promises to turn up and , realising they were false.  The waiting was largely done where I didn't want to be, from classrooms to what are referred to as intimate situations that were not, really.  The material world (better systems world) disjoints us from a more communicative-spiritual-mystic world, but I regard most attempts at the latter phony and lacking humble reciprocation (though still where most of what is worthwhile come from).   Biochemical desire returns in almost everything.  Max on a field approaching nature is desirable and his overbearing desire for this is acceptable.  My soul?  Never see that realm as about me.

On Saturday, 26 April 2014 15:14:52 UTC+1, Gabby wrote:
...desire is a self-figured creature that changes her mind ... Is what I have learned from the prefabricated sprouts ... No associations to the soul sphere, the passions, or other organic relations ... Just like I don't understand you as being curious but inquisitative, which impresses by the high degree of acquired fearlessness and absence of greed for new... Hm

Am Freitag, 25. April 2014 schrieb pol.science kid :
I was thinking... is desire life or is desire death... i mean.. we strive to fulfill it... and so it is life force.. or is it death because satisfying it is consuming itself..

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário