Re: Mind's Eye Re: "A wise man once said."

There remain questions on whether 'art' is so deep.  Men are inclined to tip waitresses wearing red more, red environments aid detailed work, blue more creative suggestions.  We respond better to 'pretty' people - men being able to combat this by taking certain kinds of anti-depressants.  In short, we are easily conned by the visual and presentational generally.  I would rather imagine Molly Brogan and Gabby Thiede as an off-beat cop duo than read Jane Eyre.  I'd have them doing 'An Inspector Calls' (Priestly) on the Rotherham street-bureaucrats and worthies who let down 1400 plus victims of child sexual exploitation.  Not quite English Lit 101 and the alleged 'realistic storytelling' of Bronte and how to get a man by inheritance and burning and blinding him.

Art is too often complicit with not showing us the detail of what goes on.  I wonder how one paints or sculpts the idea of a scene with a young kid who isn't going to be helped by a string of very expensive 'professionals'?


On Monday, 29 September 2014 17:43:47 UTC+1, archytas wrote:
The universe is beige Molly, colour virtual.  And that's the easy bit!  I was talking to some people about an 8 foot spider-ant queen that rules in the Andromeda galaxy last night.  She enslaves other species, causing them to turn on their own leadership via trance smells she emits.  This was fine as science fiction.  When I suggested there are such creatures here people were offended that I was treating them as stupid.  There are, of course, except they are small enough to crush under the boot.  Our biology is a true shock to many commonly held opinions and 'manners'.

I see the newsroom much as anyone else I know, and yet if I had Facil's skills would have to include something like the spider-ant queen and nausea to hint-explain my perception and maybe a wheelchair to simulate the exclusion of disability.  There were symbols in medieval art, like donkeys as either knowledge or stupidity.  The laying on of 'manners' is the kiss of the spider-ant queen.  The women and their cosy male f-buddies become progressively less attractive.  I watch through mirrors.of course, lest the Gorgon turn me to stone.  The scientist knows the image is not changing on screen.  In 'how does stimuli develop neural pathways' there are many questions, not least how the pretty women of newsrooms, the sweet little things of shiny happy news for shiny happy people disgust me so.  There is more to this than a million frames a second snapping to the neural world.

On Monday, 29 September 2014 12:13:44 UTC+1, Molly wrote:
More good questions from you Neil, very interesting. How does stimuli develop neural pathways. I've been reading research that suggests the heart emits electro-magnetic signals that effect the brain and stimulate re-routing of neural pathways. What we think we know is changing rapidly.

On Monday, September 29, 2014 1:43:58 AM UTC-4, archytas wrote:
Definite sensation of 'relativity flight' in the video Facil.  My partner sometimes has camera phases and produced some very alien images by shooting holes in the garden fence.  The odd student used to produce paintings of my stories on the farce of economics as 'mannered conversation masking horror'.

I have early morning news television on at the moment.  This is no doubt a collection of complex stimuli - the net result in me is revulsion.  Switching between apparent alternatives makes no difference.  There is a peculiar inversion of art as the lie that tells us the truth - this is the delivery of massive deception in order to lie.  I don't usually watch.  Too painful.  Others in the group might get comfort from the same programming.  As a scientist I'd focus on brain patterns rather than interpretations, suspecting people ain't watching news at all, but happy, shiny people for happy, shiny 'brain music'.  I have questions on how the same stimuli does such different things and how my internal picture of revulsion has developed.

On Monday, 29 September 2014 01:38:07 UTC+1, facilitator wrote:
Interesting sound (Music)   I did a sculpture not too long ago that is the physical representation of sound waves from a Thelonias Monk Piece of Jazz.
I will try to find it.

In the mean time:  (And now for something completely different)  Decided to film on my trip to NYC

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário