Re: Mind's Eye Re: Aliens

I was reading or rather rereading
I started thinking about the word alien , so I looked the word up and part of the definition.

Alien: • Any life form of extraterrestrial origin.

Strange thought occurred to me, my thinking along the lines of a soul, the soul would qualify a an alien. I know my soul is real controlling my body. Was my body created to study human life? That creates some strange set of new questions .

Allan
Living Soul

-----Original Message-----
From: archytas <nwterry@gmail.com>
To: minds-eye@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: Mind's Eye Re: Aliens

Tony sounds a lot like Wittgenstein in his 'lectures on religious belief', perhaps most easily summarised by the end of his paper 'lecture on ethics'.  'My whole tendency and I believe the tendency of all men who ever tried to write or talk Ethics or Religion was to run against the boundaries of language.  This running against the walls of our cage is perfectly, absolutely helpless.  Ethics so far as it springs from the desire to say something about the ultimate meaning of life, the absolute good, the absolute valuable, can be no science.  What it says does not add to our knowledge in any sense.  But it is a document of a tendency in the human mind which I personally cannot help respecting deeply and I would not for my life ridicule it'.

I suspect we are alien.  Maybe to ship across space-time, we had to assume extremely primitive form (space weather is a killer of advanced biology and technology), and at some point we get advanced enough to set up a 'receiver' that will allow our more advanced yet previous civilisation to come?  To get to Mars in reasonable time, it would be handy to have a base there to fire fuel at our ships to slow them down.

It is harder than Wittgenstein says not to ridicule.  We might expect the best team to win in games like rugby league - yet I would say my team lost in the semifinal because an injury put out our best passer, meaning the replacement was in his position and unable to give the winning pass (I'd have managed on my Zimmer).  This left the team that beat us the best team in the final.  Then they got a man sent off for two dire punches (in a rush of blood) and lost to the third best team.  The black swan flies!  Maybe life is tough and then you die.  The rules of conviction and conversion in religion are not rational, and rules are always subject to gaming and fate.  It is a mistake to think science and religion speak the same language, though what is said shares the same actors and (my guess) the same deep iconography.

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:21:51 PM UTC+1, Molly wrote:
I don't agree that everything reasonable is factual but there you have it.  We are probably both wrong.

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 5:31:43 PM UTC-4, facilitator wrote:
Once faith leaves the realm of "unreasonable" it becomes fact.  Your belief system may incorporate faith, but it is not necessary.  You can claim belief in substantive things or ideals or nor at all.  It is a mechanism.   Facts and probabilities are also part of a valid belief system but faith requires that the adherent relies on the metaphysical.

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:59:37 PM UTC-4, Molly wrote:
I whole heartedly disagree with your last statement here.  Faith can be beyond reason, but doesn't need to be necessarily. It is reasonable for me to believe that living by the ten commandments can lead to as good a life as living by Stephen Covey's 7 habits. It may not be reasonable to believe that after I have lost everything of value in this world, the Lord will provide and things will get better.  My experience is, they do. Is it because I believe? That might be a reasonable explanation.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário