Re: Mind's Eye Re: Voice in the head

There was a time when "Jimmy The Burner" had the blessing of the Church.

On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 3:44:15 PM UTC-5, archytas wrote:
You know I have no qualms on effects on you.  At about the same time, I was discovering something about what was going on in the brains of people no one would want to meet - my first involved listening to an arsonist who had just killed two children.  A smelly, grubby little man with a smell I still remember, he was racked with guilt and protesting he had been acting on god's instructions, including his not guilty plea.  I had him bang to rights, but the court bailed him.  He burned his wife to death a couple of days later, only managing to scorch his hands, having doused himself with disinfectant, mistaking it for petrol.  He didn't interest me much, though the system's failure to protect those who should have mattered did.  I haven't gone much on internally justified epistemology since  The system has probably gone further down the pan too.  My chief constable at the time was a prophet of god.  I went off religion.  How do you know its going to turn you into an admirable old silver-basher or Jimmy-the-Burner?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário