[Mind's Eye] Re: Why Has Allan Been Barred From The Group ?

On Sep 24, 5:06 pm, Chris Jenkins <digitalprecip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> God I hate banning people.
>
> I seriously, seriously do. It's a win for martyred trolls. It accomplishes
> silencing disruptive input, but create further division and animosity (much
> like Gab's oft descriptions of my jack booted thuggery).
>
> I've asked Orn for a detailed explanation of the banning. It's a heavy
> hammer, and I'd like to understand why it happened before making any further
> decisions regarding group management.
>
> Chaz contributed much to this conversation, and I was sincerely regretful
> that I had to ban him. His absolute refusal to engage in civil conversation,
> and instead to flame incessantly, forced our hand. Craig and I debated it at
> length; those who were around then may recall he was put on moderation twice
> prior to being banned.
>
> Despite not having anywhere near the time necessary to be a meaningful
> contributor to this group, I still want it to flourish. I believe important
> conversations have been held here, and archived in perpetuity through
> Google's group pages. Contributors like Neil provide the opportunity to
> speak directly with a Bukowski, a Thomas; Francis Hunt has given me a fine
> education in the history of the Catholic Church in Europe, and western
> religious politics; Pat has melted my brain with Yeti-Phi-Tau space and
> inside out tesseracts. The thought of Minds Eye losing contributors like
> that pains me greatly. I still miss my squabbles with Atalante...she was
> another Professorial type whose vast knowledge and experience made me feel
> lucky to be part of this group.
>

Oh, I haven't gone away, I'm just less active due to less access. I
hope I haven't melted TOO much of your brain. ;-)

> I'm reading through threads now, trying to catch up. I wanted management
> questions to be resolved when I initially posted, and it seems that the lack
> of a clear direction then has led to a further breakdown now. Let's get it
> resolved once and for all.
>
> Oh, and Gabby, I'm tempted sometimes to make YOU the owner of the
> group...I'd love to see the threads where you ranted against yourself. :D
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Pat <PatrickDHarring...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 23, 12:20 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I was asked to moderate but had to decline on time.  Does the fact I'm
> > > selling tickets to the pissing match between Molly and Gabby accord me
> > > a ban?  Our mannered society is often the 'rotten State of Denmark'.
> > > This group is less interesting without Chaz and Allan.  I wonder about
> > > us if we can't be more tolerant.  If Allan did something bad enough
> > > for a ban I'd probably want to go and see if he was OK.
>
> > Ahh, yes...I don't want to forget Chaz!!!  I'm all for crediting even
> > those who disagreed!!
>
> > > On Sep 23, 12:03 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > I hardly want to lose my odd contact with you Gabby and I really like
> > > > Orn.
>
> > > > On Sep 16, 7:17 am, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > This is unacceptable.
>
> > > > > Neil, and who else is not willing to keep on engaging here under
> > these
> > > > > circumstances, could we please try to let common sense win?
>
> > > > > On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:43 AM, ornamentalmind <
> > ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com
>
> > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > gabby, thanks for the response. That is what I had guessed about
> > you
> > > > > > and Vam but wanted to be sure since you brought it up.
>
> > > > > > Allan is banned from Minds Eye.
>
> > > > > > On Sep 15, 1:57 pm, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > No, Orn, not feeling attacked by Vam but being attacked by Vam.
> > But I am
> > > > > > > able to stand my man here, thank you.
>
> > > > > > > What is Allan's current posting status, is what we'd like to
> > know. Is he
> > > > > > > being banned, set on moderation or have only some of his posts
> > been
> > > > > > deleted?
> > > > > > > Thank you for providing us with factual information to help us
> > increase
> > > > > > the
> > > > > > > level objectivity.
>
> > > > > > > On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM, ornamentalmind <
> > > > > > ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com
>
> > > > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > Moderation is and always has been subjective. It also is not
> > > > > > > > democratic no matter what pretense or trappings are added to
> > it.
>
> > > > > > > > gabby, if you feel attacked by vam and want action, let me know
> > > > > > > > specifically and I'll address it. I use judgement when it comes
> > to
> > > > > > > > individual cases.
>
> > > > > > > > Vam, yes it is serious and I've never taken the
> > task/responsibility
> > > > > > > > lightly.
>
> > > > > > > > Also Vam, as egalitarian as your suggested method appears to be
> > we are
> > > > > > > > not about trials here.
>
> > > > > > > > On Sep 15, 9:41 am, Vam <atewari2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > I believe banning is a serious matter.
>
> > > > > > > > > I really have not kept track of what Allan has said or done.
> > In the
> > > > > > > > > event, I feel there should be a separate thread titled : Why
> > > > > > so-and-so
> > > > > > > > > deserves to be banned, by the Group rules !
>
> > > > > > > > > The person can then be clearly charged, allowed to respond,
> > and a
> > > > > > call
> > > > > > > > > taken by the Moderator in full public view. Shouldn't be
> > difficult.
> > > > > > > > > After all you wouldn't be doing it every month.
>
> > > > > > > > > On Sep 15, 8:24 pm, ornamentalmind <
> > ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com>
> > > > > > wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > > > Vam, I deleted the offending posts. Allan himself knew he
> > had gone
> > > > > > > > > > over the line and said so in one of his remaining posts. He
> > > > > > followed
> > > > > > > > > > that one with more unprovoked direct attacks (self
> > > > > > admitted/defined)
> > > > > > > > > > upon me. He knew what he was doing and what the result
> > would be.
>
> > > > > > > > > > Evolution, freedom, acceptance and toleration include self
> > > > > > > > > > responsibility.
>
> > > > > > > > > > On Sep 14, 10:33 pm, Vam <atewari2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > > > > If true, as Allan himself informs me, the act seems
> > > > > > disproportionate,
> > > > > > > > > > > a result of disbalanced mental process, and plain gross,
> > as in
> > > > > > > > > > > absolute unfit for a Group comprising of such evolved
> > members who
> > > > > > > > > > > believe in freedom, acceptance and toleration.
>
> > > > > > > > > > > I sure would like to hear the Moderator speak on this
> > matter.-
> > > > > > Hide
> > > > > > > > quoted text -
>
> > > > > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
>
> --
> Planning without action is futile; action without planning is fatal.
> The Web Guy <http://imtheirwebguy.com>- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário