Re: Mind's Eye Digest for minds-eye@googlegroups.com - 7 Messages in 1 Topic

what I see is a blatant promotion of his web site. As usual.
Allan

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM, James Lynch <ashkashal@gmail.com> wrote:
Welcome back Nanook, one problem I see we have similar thoughts on is
that of laziness. I think tribes and communities evolved methods for
keeping members duly inspired and active in the community such that
providing some good is more rewarding than feeding the narcissist /
consumer role (dichotomy not intended just sarcasm). In our society
laziness is viewed as deviant or degenerate behavior unless one is
independently wealthy, I think it interesting how greatly this differs
for instance from how one would teach a child to develop positive self
respect/reliance/fulfillment/efficacy. I count the times people
condescend to explain the basic differences between children and
'grown' adults to me, but those conversations lead to aggressive tones
about the 'bottom line' as though I have attacked some bedrock of
responsibility by discussing in large terms our massive social
problems.

This does make me think more of Archytas' question of whether the
economy must be driven by libido. Would we even know what a morally
driven economy would look like? I don't mean the niche religious and
nonprofit sector, though that is growing. An example is when I think
about energy needs, one of my favorite projects is the massive solar
concentrator setup they put in the desert. If it costs slightly more
per kWh because people need to maintain the equipment I don't care so
much, it means jobs and an independent energy sector. It brings to
light a problem with society, as we seem to have no purpose or
identity in the modern era. Of course my unnamed opponent would nail
out a few bottom lines to define life by.. at the exhaustion of which
and with frustration, 'then why not just give up and die?'. And I
think, 'what a predicament, glad it's not mine!'

Just got to "The failure of individualism" on SDS and Society, the
dissection of the seven deadly sins is very interesting and reads
comfortably/enjoyable. Very relevant indeed.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Nanook <Nanook@a3society.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for not jumping in more often. Too much going on. But I think the new
> discoveries I've made shed a lot of light on all of these points. So, I
> suggest taking a look at my website: http://a3society.org and follow up with
> the books if you read things you like.
>
> In short, as Don says, western society has failed to face up to human
> nature. Try reading my discussion
> at http://www.a3society.org/7%20Deadly%20Sins  And, please note, the term 7
> deadly sins was NOT originally a religious phrase. It was an ancient
> observation about human nature. Second, the discussions under the Language
> tab describe how the human process of learning language explain the circus
> we see in political campaigns. The Democracy and Government tabs explain why
> governments are falling apart, and the pages on Plural Democracy and fixing
> democracy provide solutions.
>
> Unfortunately, the point Arcytas makes below about human not being able to
> solve problems is so true. And the main culprits are the Single Sentence
> Logic problem and the Multiple Religions Problem. Both are discussed on the
> Language tab.
>
> Be well,
>
> Nanook
>
> On Feb 10, 2012, at 10:10 PM, minds-eye@googlegroups.com wrote:
>
>   Today's Topic Summary
>
> Group: http://groups.google.com/group/minds-eye/topics
>
> Science and the modern economic plight [7 Updates]
>
>  Science and the modern economic plight
>
> Don Johnson <dajohn@gmail.com> Feb 09 11:31PM -0600
>
> Ah arch, you are wallowing in frustration yet again. Kick that black dog in
> the nads. The metaphorical one and not the happy, frolicking drooling
> one. That one you can scratch behind the ears. One day you must come to
> terms with the simple fact that human beings are irrational and selfish by
> nature. I hope I get a chance to read that article in the Economist but
> since I'm well aware of our Statist direction here in the USA it probably
> won't hold much news for me. (plus I'm lazy and probably inept as well)
> What makes the current situation easier for me to bear is I'm mostly
> concerned with only "local" issues. Very local most important and then
> branching out in importance so that my level of compassion for those in
> Darfur or Ethiopia and even Syria is near non-existant. I can't be
> bothered. I'm more worried about improving my lot and believe you me I'm
> getting a bit tired of hearing all about the troubles around the world on
> NPR with not NEAR enough attention being payed to our troubles at home. All
> that said I'm fully aware things are better here in America and even better
> here locally in the Houston area then they are most other places. Our poor
> are rich compared to other places. My knowledge of Britain is limited but I
> would assume it is much the same there. If you're poor and avoid the drugs
> you can live a pretty decent life and never have to work in our country. I
> don't see that as possible if we didn't grease the skids for the rich to
> make more money. The trick is too give the new kids a chance to become rich
> as well. As you have noted this is becoming less likely due to Statism. The
> super wealthy are bribing their way to permanent dominance. They do this by
> influencing regulation. Makes me crazy every time some new regulation
> that's suposed to "protect the consumer" does nothing of the sort. Lies and
> more lies. Still looking out for number One here.
>
> I do wish everyone else well however. Especially you and everyone else on
> this forum. Cheers all.
>
> dj
>
>
> -The idea of taking on the burdens of the whole world scare me. We do
> enough, too much really, already. I don't want a world government and
> listening to Obama and Mrs. Clinton and pickyourUNdelegate that's what they
> all want and actively pursue. Speaking of Hillary has anyone else noticed
> she's looking rather.....medicated lately? Sleeping with Prince Valium
> perhaps? Oxycotin maybe. Ah well, we all get older and I noticed I look
> pretty shitty myself lately and all I abuse is caffeine.
>
>
>
> Allan H <allanh1946@gmail.com> Feb 10 09:49AM +0100
>
> Yes on you are right ,, the question is why are not
> these bribers being prosecuted.
> oh yes I for got almost all of congress is involved. including the present
> Republican Candidate. They have made him one of them and is solidly in
> their pocket..
> Allan
>
>
> --
> (
> )
> |_D Allan
>
> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
>
> Allan H <allanh1946@gmail.com> Feb 10 09:53AM +0100
>
> Neil I think it is important bring what the problems are in simple clear
> statements instead of long and non rememberable statements.
> What I do not understand in his statement is : Knowledge with out Concience.
> Allan
>
>
> --
> (
> )
> |_D Allan
>
> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
>
> archytas <nwterry@gmail.com> Feb 10 05:25AM -0800
>
> The lesson from science is that bullshit can be deconstructed to find
> out what we might really base argument on. In economics this leaves
> us with more or less nothing to say and people can't see that as a
> benefit. Science is now showing that most people are so useless at
> problem solving they can't do stuff orang-outangs can. With this kind
> of 'ability' its perhaps not surprising we vote for GOP and the rest!
>
>
>
> rigsy03 <rigsy03@yahoo.com> Feb 10 07:11AM -0800
>
> It takes hard work to be/stay wealthy.
> Define pleasure- individual or cultural.
> Education builds character supposedly.
> Define business versus huckterism.
> Science is indifferent- can be good or evil.
> What religion?
> Politics has become a wasteful, dishonest game.
>
> Gandhi reintroduced home weaving, plus non-payment of taxes, general
> strikes, non-violent demonstrations (satyagraha) and there was some
> improvement- maybe strengthened by Indian participation in WWII for
> the Brits...but was killed by a Hindu so the nation was not unified-
> plus think of the slaughter in the partition- India and Pakistan-
> which still is a thorny problem. The entire Middle East and North
> Africa are a mess and very dangerous. The Green Zone may not last in
> Iraq, for instance. Really- very stupid American policy since the Gulf
> War or back to the 1840's for the Brits in Afghanistan (a total
> wasteland). Good reads are The Blue Nile and The White Nile by Alan
> Moorehead- or Something of Value by Robert Ruark (?). Anyway, I don
> think the internet is going to solve humanity's problems- there is too
> much smoldering resentment. What's our contribution? Weapon systems or
> idiotic merchandise? Plus the displaced will flee to Europe and cause
> more economic pressure, etc. I wonder if our goal is to destabilize
> Russia and China?
>
> I am cooking Greek today- moussaka. A humble tribute.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> archytas <nwterry@gmail.com> Feb 10 10:32AM -0800
>
> Britain actually bombed Kabul as late as 1921 and prevented a secular
> king who wanted to use the Turkish model to stabilise and modernise in
> 1930. Science would seek to stabilise the population and provide a
> war free environment for all. But most people won't make the effort
> to understand. Gandhi ended up in some weird rationalisations of
> sleeping with children to save the world through denial.
>
>
>
> Allan H <allanh1946@gmail.com> Feb 10 07:53PM +0100
>
> Don't go blaming the borders of Pakistan and India on Gandhi. that honor
> belongs solely on the shoulders of a Brit,, I see nothing wrong with home
> weaving It helps the poor earn a living.. I have lost a lot of money
> mainly to import problems.. so I could not receive my merchandise.. these
> items I ordered were hand made in homes.. which people made about $1 US a
> day making,, filling my orders,, yes I paid in advance so I was able to
> make sure they could feed their families.. because the product could not
> make it through customs. I am foolish I ate the financial loss. better me
> than the poor.
>
> indecently on simple interest of which is offered today.. I would be making
> some where between four and five times that I receive in retirement.. would
> you care to show where your money came from?? and how you worked hard to
> make it??? and how you have to work hard to retain it?
>
> Yes a large contribution of the western and eastern countries to the world
> is weapons so they can make even more money from them and increase
> poverty,, a great statement for advanced society isn't it..
> Allan
>
>
> --
> (
> )
> |_D Allan
>
> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group
> minds-eye.
> You can post via email.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
> For more options, visit this group.
>
>
> Nanook
> Nanook@a3society.org
>
> http://bit.ly/WordClay-nappi
> http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Nappi
> http://A3society.org
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/brucenappi
>



--
 (
  )
|_D Allan

Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.



0 comentários:

Postar um comentário