Re: Mind's Eye Digest for minds-eye@googlegroups.com - 7 Messages in 1 Topic

Heh, that too Allan, I've jabbed before jokingly and with Pat too. :)
At least it is interesting, the content is accessible and a bit
relevant. In that regard I consider it a resource.

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Allan H <allanh1946@gmail.com> wrote:
> what I see is a blatant promotion of his web site. As usual.
> Allan
>
>
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM, James Lynch <ashkashal@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome back Nanook, one problem I see we have similar thoughts on is
>> that of laziness. I think tribes and communities evolved methods for
>> keeping members duly inspired and active in the community such that
>> providing some good is more rewarding than feeding the narcissist /
>> consumer role (dichotomy not intended just sarcasm). In our society
>> laziness is viewed as deviant or degenerate behavior unless one is
>> independently wealthy, I think it interesting how greatly this differs
>> for instance from how one would teach a child to develop positive self
>> respect/reliance/fulfillment/efficacy. I count the times people
>> condescend to explain the basic differences between children and
>> 'grown' adults to me, but those conversations lead to aggressive tones
>> about the 'bottom line' as though I have attacked some bedrock of
>> responsibility by discussing in large terms our massive social
>> problems.
>>
>> This does make me think more of Archytas' question of whether the
>> economy must be driven by libido. Would we even know what a morally
>> driven economy would look like? I don't mean the niche religious and
>> nonprofit sector, though that is growing. An example is when I think
>> about energy needs, one of my favorite projects is the massive solar
>> concentrator setup they put in the desert. If it costs slightly more
>> per kWh because people need to maintain the equipment I don't care so
>> much, it means jobs and an independent energy sector. It brings to
>> light a problem with society, as we seem to have no purpose or
>> identity in the modern era. Of course my unnamed opponent would nail
>> out a few bottom lines to define life by.. at the exhaustion of which
>> and with frustration, 'then why not just give up and die?'. And I
>> think, 'what a predicament, glad it's not mine!'
>>
>> Just got to "The failure of individualism" on SDS and Society, the
>> dissection of the seven deadly sins is very interesting and reads
>> comfortably/enjoyable. Very relevant indeed.
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Nanook <Nanook@a3society.org> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Sorry for not jumping in more often. Too much going on. But I think the
>> > new
>> > discoveries I've made shed a lot of light on all of these points. So, I
>> > suggest taking a look at my website: http://a3society.org and follow up
>> > with
>> > the books if you read things you like.
>> >
>> > In short, as Don says, western society has failed to face up to human
>> > nature. Try reading my discussion
>> > at http://www.a3society.org/7%20Deadly%20Sins  And, please note, the
>> > term 7
>> > deadly sins was NOT originally a religious phrase. It was an ancient
>> > observation about human nature. Second, the discussions under the
>> > Language
>> > tab describe how the human process of learning language explain the
>> > circus
>> > we see in political campaigns. The Democracy and Government tabs explain
>> > why
>> > governments are falling apart, and the pages on Plural Democracy and
>> > fixing
>> > democracy provide solutions.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately, the point Arcytas makes below about human not being able
>> > to
>> > solve problems is so true. And the main culprits are the Single Sentence
>> > Logic problem and the Multiple Religions Problem. Both are discussed on
>> > the
>> > Language tab.
>> >
>> > Be well,
>> >
>> > Nanook
>> >
>> > On Feb 10, 2012, at 10:10 PM, minds-eye@googlegroups.com wrote:
>> >
>> >   Today's Topic Summary
>> >
>> > Group: http://groups.google.com/group/minds-eye/topics
>> >
>> > Science and the modern economic plight [7 Updates]
>> >
>> >  Science and the modern economic plight
>> >
>> > Don Johnson <dajohn@gmail.com> Feb 09 11:31PM -0600
>> >
>> > Ah arch, you are wallowing in frustration yet again. Kick that black dog
>> > in
>> > the nads. The metaphorical one and not the happy, frolicking drooling
>> > one. That one you can scratch behind the ears. One day you must come to
>> > terms with the simple fact that human beings are irrational and selfish
>> > by
>> > nature. I hope I get a chance to read that article in the Economist but
>> > since I'm well aware of our Statist direction here in the USA it
>> > probably
>> > won't hold much news for me. (plus I'm lazy and probably inept as well)
>> > What makes the current situation easier for me to bear is I'm mostly
>> > concerned with only "local" issues. Very local most important and then
>> > branching out in importance so that my level of compassion for those in
>> > Darfur or Ethiopia and even Syria is near non-existant. I can't be
>> > bothered. I'm more worried about improving my lot and believe you me I'm
>> > getting a bit tired of hearing all about the troubles around the world
>> > on
>> > NPR with not NEAR enough attention being payed to our troubles at home.
>> > All
>> > that said I'm fully aware things are better here in America and even
>> > better
>> > here locally in the Houston area then they are most other places. Our
>> > poor
>> > are rich compared to other places. My knowledge of Britain is limited
>> > but I
>> > would assume it is much the same there. If you're poor and avoid the
>> > drugs
>> > you can live a pretty decent life and never have to work in our country.
>> > I
>> > don't see that as possible if we didn't grease the skids for the rich to
>> > make more money. The trick is too give the new kids a chance to become
>> > rich
>> > as well. As you have noted this is becoming less likely due to Statism.
>> > The
>> > super wealthy are bribing their way to permanent dominance. They do this
>> > by
>> > influencing regulation. Makes me crazy every time some new regulation
>> > that's suposed to "protect the consumer" does nothing of the sort. Lies
>> > and
>> > more lies. Still looking out for number One here.
>> >
>> > I do wish everyone else well however. Especially you and everyone else
>> > on
>> > this forum. Cheers all.
>> >
>> > dj
>> >
>> >
>> > -The idea of taking on the burdens of the whole world scare me. We do
>> > enough, too much really, already. I don't want a world government and
>> > listening to Obama and Mrs. Clinton and pickyourUNdelegate that's what
>> > they
>> > all want and actively pursue. Speaking of Hillary has anyone else
>> > noticed
>> > she's looking rather.....medicated lately? Sleeping with Prince Valium
>> > perhaps? Oxycotin maybe. Ah well, we all get older and I noticed I look
>> > pretty shitty myself lately and all I abuse is caffeine.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Allan H <allanh1946@gmail.com> Feb 10 09:49AM +0100
>> >
>> > Yes on you are right ,, the question is why are not
>> > these bribers being prosecuted.
>> > oh yes I for got almost all of congress is involved. including the
>> > present
>> > Republican Candidate. They have made him one of them and is solidly in
>> > their pocket..
>> > Allan
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > (
>> > )
>> > |_D Allan
>> >
>> > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>> >
>> >
>> > Allan H <allanh1946@gmail.com> Feb 10 09:53AM +0100
>> >
>> > Neil I think it is important bring what the problems are in simple clear
>> > statements instead of long and non rememberable statements.
>> > What I do not understand in his statement is : Knowledge with out
>> > Concience.
>> > Allan
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > (
>> > )
>> > |_D Allan
>> >
>> > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>> >
>> >
>> > archytas <nwterry@gmail.com> Feb 10 05:25AM -0800
>> >
>> > The lesson from science is that bullshit can be deconstructed to find
>> > out what we might really base argument on. In economics this leaves
>> > us with more or less nothing to say and people can't see that as a
>> > benefit. Science is now showing that most people are so useless at
>> > problem solving they can't do stuff orang-outangs can. With this kind
>> > of 'ability' its perhaps not surprising we vote for GOP and the rest!
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > rigsy03 <rigsy03@yahoo.com> Feb 10 07:11AM -0800
>> >
>> > It takes hard work to be/stay wealthy.
>> > Define pleasure- individual or cultural.
>> > Education builds character supposedly.
>> > Define business versus huckterism.
>> > Science is indifferent- can be good or evil.
>> > What religion?
>> > Politics has become a wasteful, dishonest game.
>> >
>> > Gandhi reintroduced home weaving, plus non-payment of taxes, general
>> > strikes, non-violent demonstrations (satyagraha) and there was some
>> > improvement- maybe strengthened by Indian participation in WWII for
>> > the Brits...but was killed by a Hindu so the nation was not unified-
>> > plus think of the slaughter in the partition- India and Pakistan-
>> > which still is a thorny problem. The entire Middle East and North
>> > Africa are a mess and very dangerous. The Green Zone may not last in
>> > Iraq, for instance. Really- very stupid American policy since the Gulf
>> > War or back to the 1840's for the Brits in Afghanistan (a total
>> > wasteland). Good reads are The Blue Nile and The White Nile by Alan
>> > Moorehead- or Something of Value by Robert Ruark (?). Anyway, I don
>> > think the internet is going to solve humanity's problems- there is too
>> > much smoldering resentment. What's our contribution? Weapon systems or
>> > idiotic merchandise? Plus the displaced will flee to Europe and cause
>> > more economic pressure, etc. I wonder if our goal is to destabilize
>> > Russia and China?
>> >
>> > I am cooking Greek today- moussaka. A humble tribute.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > archytas <nwterry@gmail.com> Feb 10 10:32AM -0800
>> >
>> > Britain actually bombed Kabul as late as 1921 and prevented a secular
>> > king who wanted to use the Turkish model to stabilise and modernise in
>> > 1930. Science would seek to stabilise the population and provide a
>> > war free environment for all. But most people won't make the effort
>> > to understand. Gandhi ended up in some weird rationalisations of
>> > sleeping with children to save the world through denial.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Allan H <allanh1946@gmail.com> Feb 10 07:53PM +0100
>> >
>> > Don't go blaming the borders of Pakistan and India on Gandhi. that honor
>> > belongs solely on the shoulders of a Brit,, I see nothing wrong with
>> > home
>> > weaving It helps the poor earn a living.. I have lost a lot of money
>> > mainly to import problems.. so I could not receive my merchandise..
>> > these
>> > items I ordered were hand made in homes.. which people made about $1 US
>> > a
>> > day making,, filling my orders,, yes I paid in advance so I was able to
>> > make sure they could feed their families.. because the product could not
>> > make it through customs. I am foolish I ate the financial loss. better
>> > me
>> > than the poor.
>> >
>> > indecently on simple interest of which is offered today.. I would be
>> > making
>> > some where between four and five times that I receive in retirement..
>> > would
>> > you care to show where your money came from?? and how you worked hard to
>> > make it??? and how you have to work hard to retain it?
>> >
>> > Yes a large contribution of the western and eastern countries to the
>> > world
>> > is weapons so they can make even more money from them and increase
>> > poverty,, a great statement for advanced society isn't it..
>> > Allan
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > (
>> > )
>> > |_D Allan
>> >
>> > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>> >
>> >
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group
>> > minds-eye.
>> > You can post via email.
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
>> > For more options, visit this group.
>> >
>> >
>> > Nanook
>> > Nanook@a3society.org
>> >
>> > http://bit.ly/WordClay-nappi
>> > http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Nappi
>> > http://A3society.org
>> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/brucenappi
>> >
>
>
>
>
> --
>  (
>   )
> |_D Allan
>
> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
>
>

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário